CinemaAttic is moving fast from a small Edinburgh-based film collective towards a UK wide organisation (Edinburgh, Glasgow & London) promoting independent films from Spain and Latin American countries. While we are transforming in a formal organisation we will maintain our rebel spirit and passion for underground events with a strong community and social input. We work with independent cinema, a restless effort showcasing films using guerrilla style promotion working with other arts platforms and local grassroots groups. We stand for counter culture with a punk spirit of constant rebellion against mainstream cinema industry and culture offer.
It’s a good time to come on board and be part of this.
We require the support of P/T cultural enthusiasts seeking to be part of a cultural organisation. Currently we need specific profiles in the areas of Event management, Communications and Social Media, and Creative Coordination (Video and Graphic Design).
You will soon be working with Scotland’s top venues (CCA Glasgow, Summerhall, Cameo, Filmhouse, GFT…) main film organisations (Film Hub Scotland, Creative Scotland, BFI) magazines (TheSkinny, TheList) and a bunch of great people who are part of our network.
We’re looking for talented, creative all-rounders to support our busy team and liaising with other Cinemaattic units across UK. The successful applicants will work across marketing, events, PR and digital, covering a wide range of projects and initiatives. Collaborate with agencies and third parties to develop and implement plans in line with overall Cinemaattic strategies, whilst being instrumental in developing bigger picture ideas.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a film collective in a moment of expansion. While we organise bigger and better film events in Edinburgh, part of our team is working on deliver our film nights in new cities like Manchester, Bristol or Leeds in upcoming months. We are a team of fanatics of film. If you are highly organised and share that passion with us please keep reading. We are going to put Spanish culture in the map.
- Generate content and manage daily updates of CinemaAttic’s website and social media feeds
- Work with the Programme Coordinator to produce creative and engaging communications content to promote CinemaAttic across all channels with particular emphasis on Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Contribute to and manage the distribution of regular newsletters internally and externally
- Collate marketing assets and co-ordinate the input of designers, volunteers, partners etc. for Cinemaattic website, e-news, social media, partner publications and press
- Organisational skills. We plan posts ahead. Highly organised person with some administrative mindset. We work in advance, some basic experience with Spreadsheets and Scheduling of posts is needed.
- Marketing attitude, to upsell and express passion for the ethos of Cinemaattic. Particularly on social media. Training given on mission, values and strategy to communicate effectively what is Cinemaattic. Importance of knowing our network to interact in Twitter/Facebook (training given).
- Copywriting skills. Fluent in English, particularly written plain English.
- Self-motivated and can work with minimum supervision. Ask, ask and ask again. We will need you to learn fast and work on your own-remotely accumulating responsibilities from the beginning.