IberoDocs is the first showcase for Ibero-American culture in Scotland, focused on documentary films by Spanish, Portuguese and Latin- American filmmakers. Produced by CinemaAttic in collaboration with Spanish filmmaker Mar Felices it seeks to open up awareness on Ibero-American culture.
Ibero-America refers to a geographic area that includes Latin American countries as well as Spain and Portugal. The term Ibero-America, which is broadly used in these countries, has been chosen because it most accurately encapsulates the focus of this project: a new and exciting festival focused on documentary films and cultural manifestations from Portuguese and Spanish speaking countries.
IberoDocs will bring to Edinburgh and Scotland the most significant productions from Ibero-American culture in a festival that will be as distinctive as it is unique.
Our mission is to celebrate the culture and history of Ibero-American countries through documentary films, by establishing an annual event in Scotland that facilitates the understanding of migration and stimulates cultural and social integration.
– To raise the awareness and accessibility of Ibero-American film and culture in Scotland by establishing a cultural event based in the City of Edinburgh.
– To present a high-quality and innovative artistic programme including both emerging and established artists, with at least 50% of UK premieres.
– To build relations with local institutions and cultural organisations in order to promote artistic practise and the creation of new work.
– To engage with local audiences and integrate the Ibero-American community in Scotland.
– To create a solid project that has the potential for long term growth both in Scotland and internationally.
Please follow IberoDocs website for a copy of the brochure of further info.
Opening on Thursday the 3rd of April at La Tasca on Charlotte Square Edinburgh at 10pm and up until 1am.
This is an absolutely worth festival and we want to publicly congratulate everyone who, through endless efforts and perseverance, has made it possible.